Target key muscle groups (and spice it up in the sack) by trying out these new moves
Written By Jane Bianchi
Article Borrowed from http://www.womansday.com
Photo Credits: Read SEX = EXERCISE on http://www.popsugar.com
Lifting weights isn't the only way to boost strength. Making love can build certain muscles, depending on how creative you get with your positions. Two experts--Madeline Castellanos, MD, a sex therapist in New York City, and Vanessa Castro, a certified personal trainer in Miami—offer tips on which ones to try. Since hitting the gym costs money, these free workout options give you the most bang for no bucks (and we think your guy will be more than happy to help you meet your fitness goals).
1. Quads: Get into the cowgirl position and then turn it into more of a frog position. It may not sound sexy, but it's effective! You're on top, but rather than rest your knees on the bed, rest your feet on the bed, says Dr. Castellanos. As you move up and down, the position essentially becomes a low squat, which largely targets the quads (the front thigh muscles). You can even move forward and backward to work that muscle group more and burn extra calories.
2. Chest: You probably already know what doggy-style means, but in case you need a refresher: You're on your hands and knees and he's behind you (either kneeling on the bed or standing next to it). This position forces you to work your upper body, because you have to use your arms to support yourself. To challenge yourself during penetration, "lower your shoulders and do a push-up" says Castro. Tip: This may be easier to pull off on the floor if your bed is too soft.
3. Glutes and hamstrings: For this move, get yourself into a lunge position, suggests Dr. Castellanos. Picture this: He's sitting on a couch or sturdy chair and you're on top, with your left foot on the sofa and your right foot on the ground. You'll work your left glute and your right hamstring. When you're halfway there, switch your legs, so you'll work both sides of your body evenly. If the chair is high and you have to stand on your tippy-toes, you'll work your calves, too.
4. Lower Abs: In lotus, face your man and sit on top of him. In this intimate pose that involves deep eye contact and kissing, your arms and legs are wrapped tightly around his back and his arms and legs are wrapped tightly around your back. Channel your inner belly dancer, says Dr. Castellanos, and use your lower abs to pull your pelvis up and down. If you've ever taken ballet or a barre exercise class, you know that small movements can have huge results.
5. Triceps: Once you've mastered the lotus position, which primarily works the lower abs, turn that move up a notch. In lotus lean, you are in the same position, except instead of wrapping your arms around your guy's back, lean back and place the palms of your hands flat onto the bed with your fingers facing your buttocks. This variation works more of your arms and if you bend your elbows, "it's like doing a tricep dip," says Dr. Castellanos.
Click here to read the next 5 positions & the rest of the article...